Thursday, August 25, 2011

It might have been a good day

I had no reason to believe that today wouldn't be a perfectly average Thursday. We have plans to clean the house today... Mundane and boring. I woke up to the happy news that I have a new niece and everyone is healthy. Then i watched the news. Did you know a hurricane is suppose to walk right over my house on Sunday? That's right, first an earthquake, now a hurricane. They are talking about 75mph winds on a path right over my house. Fabulous! So that gave me something to stress over, do I take the kids somewhere a few hours west and just leave the house to itself for a day or so, or do we sit here and hope it's more like a bad thunderstorm and hope none of the trees near our house come through the windows? So as I'm stressing about that, I get a call from michael... My van went to the this morning, it has been making a funny noise, it needs an oil change, the back door sticks, etc. So I expected a little bit of a bill, but michael says that ac fan has been making a funny noise because something has built a nest in there and it will take three hours of labor just to get it(and possibly its inhabitant) out if there. By the way, we have three cracked belts, would we like them changed? Hello, I bought the car 10 months ago, with that 60 point check that said all systems were go.... Did that not include the belts? Ah, so that's why dad said to take any car you want to buy to an impartial mechanic. So, two other problems were covered by my warranty and will be free, but I'm just shy of 60k miles and we should really get that check up done... And it's a big one, with all fluids replaced, which granted, when you buy a car with 55k miles on it, you know upis coming, and that does account for nearly half the final bill, but in connection with everything else, is just annoying. So now I have to pay this huge bill instead of taking out two trees that we've been planning in getting out if our yard. Sad. Then, while I am still on the phone getting this wonderful information, the dog bites Kai. Not a little warning bite like he normally gives, but a full on leave a perfect indentation of top and bottom row of teeth on his arm kind of bite. No blood, but I think that has to do with the size of the dog, not the ferocity of the bite. So now I really do have to get rid of the dog. I've been saying it for a couple of years now, but this time I mean it... I can't have the dog biting the children. He's small, but if he gets an eye or something... Plus, I don't want the children to be afraid of dogs because ours is mean. So does anyone want a very badly behaved yorkshire terrier? Well, I'm off now to figure out how to make over 1000 dollars by selling stuff on eBay

No comments:

Post a Comment